Type 6 Faster Ramp Up
GE’s new Faster Ramp Up software enables Jenbacher Type 6 gas engines to ramp up to full output in most cases in less than five minutes – that’s nearly 50 percent faster than before.
- Increase Uptime
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Faster startup.
Startup is nearly 50 percent faster than before the upgrade, with full output reached in less than five minutes.
- Increased flexibility.
Enables operators to participate in new grid-regulating models and enhance their current operating modes through shorter start up cycle times.
- Increased uptime.
Faster engine ramp up in times of high electricity demand translates into increased power feed-in, the potential to enhance uptime during peak demand and, where available, take advantage of feed-in tariffs for highly flexible power generation solutions.
HOW WE GET YOU THERE?
The Faster Ramp Up upgrade can be applied at any time and allows to be ready for fast and flexible on-demand operation to meet upcoming industry trends.
The upgrade package includes the following features:
- Engine management software modification. Includes pre-lubrication, exhaust scavenging and synchronization procedure advancements not requiring any mechanical system modification.
- Control cabinet modification. Includes minor upgrades of control components and wiring.
- On-site installation and functional check. Performed by a field engineer specifically trained for Jenbacher gas engines.
- OEM documentation update.
Upgrade is applicable to all Type 6 E- & F-Version from production year 2000-2011 including scavenging fan. Later versions need to be checked individually. Not applicable to J624 G- & H-Versions.