Direct Drive Ventilation Fan Upgrade
GE’s Direct Drive Ventilation Fans eliminate belts and tensioning maintenance, which can cause over-tensioning, overloaded bearings and fan failure. These direct drive fans are designed to replace the current fans with limited disruption – and are a drop-in replacement upgrade for belt-driven fans for GE packages.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- Eliminate the squealing belts on startup and the process of properly tensioning the drive belts.
- Eliminate maintenance and replacement of fan belts.
- Eliminate startup noise from belts slipping.
- Eliminate pillow block bearings and their maintenance.
- Direct drive fans have external grease ports for quick and easy access (auto-lube kit optional).
- Improvement in generator enclosure pressure, lessening generator oil leak potential & differential pressure alarm activation.
How we get you there
- The existing belt-driven fans have been redesigned to eliminate the drive belts by moving the fan motor inside of the fan assembly, directly connected to the fan blade shaft.
- Grease fittings are located outside of the fan assembly for easy access when lubricating the fan shaft bearings and the motor bearings.
- Air vents were added to the fan casing to utilize ambient air to maintain adequate motor cooling.
- Existing damper and duct flex
- Existing electrical cables at the new motor junction box
- Existing silencer and hoods
Applicable Turbine Models
- LM2500, LM6000
To see pricing information, request a quote.