Controls Upgrade - Mark VIe
The upgrade consists of replacing both the chassis and software of the Fuel Controller and Sequencer with new hardware and software for the Mark VIe. The system interfaces with the existing field devices and on-engine hardware that provide core fuel control, package sequencing, and protection.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- I/O Ethernet capability has significant benefits:
- Increased range of installation.
- Increase network speeds and reliability.
- No longer limited by controller location, simply by site-wide intranet system scope.
- Alarm Viewer and other trending applications have improved interfaces and are much more user-friendly.
- Decentralized I/O modules utilize local processors, creating a net increase in process computing power and delivering higher performance.
- Decreased repair time because I/O modules can be replaced individually without disturbing the entire system.
- The multi-system integration allows one easy-to-use, centralized system to control and monitor many turbine aspects. Also easier trouble shooting.
- The new software upgrades optimize NOx and SPRINT Systems (see SPRINT page for full benefits):
- Increased turbine power output.
- Better engine efficiency and lower heat rate.
- Security updates to meet NERC/FERC regulations.
How we get you there
- New Mark VIe combines Mark VI and GE Fanuc 90-70 into one controller
- Significant I/O interface changes:
- I/O interface no longer hardwired to controller, instead connected via Ethernet.
- New 13-panel controller will incorporate the I/O interfaces from the old Mark controller.
- The Mark VIe upgrade also includes:
- New smaller, more compact, and more efficient UCSB CPU.
- Windows 7 software upgrade (from Windows 98, 2000, NT, and XP).
- Innova* replaced with touchscreen COMARK* or tower desktop HMI.
- Latest core software logic upgrade.
- New CIMPLICITY* GUI.
- Integrated single software application including: ControlST*, Work stationST*, and Workstation Alarm Viewer.
Applicable Turbine Models
To see pricing information, request a quote.