POWER PLANT GENERATORS
GE is bringing generator technology and performance to the next level. We engineer and build our generators to meet the demanding specifications that keep you on the leading edge of efficient, reliable output. Our equipment installs quickly, integrates easily, operates reliably and delivers more power. With an installed base of 12,000+ turbine generators, and more than a century of experience delivering innovative, high voltage solutions in generation, transmission, and distribution networks. GE understands your challenges and fully integrates engineering, manufacturing, and life cycle services to offers a complete range of configurations and keep your generators operational for the life of the equipment and to provide more value to you.
PROVEN TECHNOLOGY POWER RELIABLE OPERATIONS
GE’s generators use technologies and contain features that save time and money for the end customer. Based on many years of proven experience and continuous feedback from our customers, these technologies often are shared among different product families, as shown below.
Modular Generator Architecture
- Constant cross-section core segments are used to achieve higher product ratings with common designs.
- Common end components drive greater spare parts efficiency, interchangeability, and maintenance familiarity.
- One-piece frame and flexible terminal lead arrangements provide ease of installation and reduce plant construction costs.
- Micapal*, MICADUR* and DURITENAX* stator bar insulation technologies enable higher power density, advanced voltage stress, and thermal conductivity capabilities for greater armature performance.
- Robust mechanical features, such as TETRALOC* and self-retightening end winding support systems, allow thermal expansion of the winding during operational transients while simultaneously tightening the winding.
- Armature slot retention systems to ensure constant pressure on the bars, restraining them from radial and tangential motion during operation. These features include top-ripple and side-ripple springs as well as concave-convex and piggy-back wedging systems.
- Stainless steel armature bar cooling tubes provide a proven method of eliminating the risk of cooling tube clogging, which can result in armature overheating.
- Advanced phosphorous-free brazed connections help reduce leakage.
- The high oxygen deionized water system prevents cuprous oxide buildup.
- Optimized for both rail and road transport. Only a small number of individual parts are transported, which translates into short delivery and faster erection time.
Generators for gas power plants (simple cycle and combined-cycle)
Generators for fossil power plants
Generators for nuclear power plants
GE's Generator Product Portfolio